Cryolipolysis (Fat Freezing)
Cryolipolysis, also referred to as fat freezing or coolsculpting, is the closest thing you can get to liposuction without actually going under the knife. This non-invasive treatment can be carried out in under an hour leaving you free to carry on with your daily business as usual – no recovery time needed!
- Selectively targets fat cells
- Offers permanent inch loss
- Is non-invasive
- Has no recovery or down time
- Harvard proven technology
Some clients may wish to support this service with Ultrasound Cavitation and Radio Frequency treatments especially if skin is especially saggy or if you want to see results faster. Cavitation will break down additional fat cells while the radio frequency will lift and tighten the skin.
If you are unsure about whether to have both treatments and if you have no rush, such as a holiday or event to slim down for, personally would err on the side of caution to ensure that you do not spend more time and money than is needed. We can discuss this in more detail at your consultation and decide upon your very own bespoke treatment plan.[/ox_list] [/one_half] [one_half last=last]
Treatment Areas & Prices[ox_table]
|Upper and Lower Abdomen||£129|
|Male Chest (‘Moobs’)||£129|
|Back Fat/Bra Rolls||£129|
|Upper Arms (Bingo Wings)||£129|
How Cryolipolysis Works
The term “Popsicle Panniculitis” was coined by Harvard scientists who studied the effect of popsicles on children. The term refers to a dermatologic condition where exposure to low temperatures can selectively damage subcutaneous fat while leaving surrounding cells intact. The study showed that as a result of the popsicle, fat cells in the cheeks underwent a cell death resulting in dimples and distortion..
This process is also known as “Apoptosis”, a natural and programmed cell death. Fat cells are more easily damaged by cooling than skin cells, cryolipolysis was developed by applying low temperatures to tissue via thermal conduction. The adipocyte (fat cells) are rich with saturated fatty acids, these cells are particularly sensitive to temperature reduction and freezing. Under such extreme conditions the fat cells die. Other cells such as skin tissue, blood vessels, and our nervous system are not as sensitive to freezing and are therefore unaffected by the Cryolipolysis treatment.[/tab] [tab title=”Pre-Care Advice”]
Before your Treatment
To get the best from your treatment it is recommended that you get your body prepared and ‘cleansed’ for treatment by:
- Increasing water intake
- Reducing toxins from the body (caffeine, tobacco, alcohol)
- Avoid alcohol 24-48 hours prior to treatment
- Reduce intake of fatty foods, and increase consumption of fruit and vegetable
After your Treatment
In order to achieve optimum results from your treatment, we strongly recommend the following:
- Increase your fluid intake to assist with the ‘flushing’ out of the crystallized lipids in the fat cells
- Lymphatic massage will accelerate the process of removing the fat cells.
- Regular body brushing at home is a great way of stimulating the lymphatic system to naturally eliminate the fat cells
- Exercise a minimum of 1 hour a week (this is advised but not essential)
It is extremely important for us to be able to monitor your measurements post your Lipo Angel Ice procedure. We therefore request 2 x follow up consultations at weeks 6 and 12, there are no additional charges for these follow up appointments.
Should you have any concerns or queries either before or after your treatment then you are more than welcome to pop into the salon for a chat or give us a call on 07854 804890.
* Please note: Should any adverse reaction occur including a cold injury, or painful blisters. Please seek medical attention from a doctor specialising in the treatment of burns.[/tab] [tab title=”Contraindications”]
Contraindications to Treatment
If you have any of the following health conditions you can NOT Cryolipolysis:
- Liver or Kidney Problems
- Heart or Lung conditions including:
- Silicosis or other chronic respiratory disorders
- Those with pacemaker or other implanted electrical equipment
- Those reliant on artificial heart/lung machines, portable ECG equipment or similar
- Reynaud’s disease or other vaso constrictive disorders
- Sufferers of physiological hypotonic (lacking in muscle tone/muscle or tissue wastage)
- Hyper or Hypotension (High or Low Blood Pressure)
- Cardiovascular or cerebral diseases (issues with blood flow to heart or brain)
- Immune system disease (including AIDS or HIV)
- Urticarial or other immune disorders
- Hypoproteinaemia (high levels of protein in the blood)
- Frostbite Intolerance
- Umbilical hernias, hernias or weak stomach muscle walls (past or present –abdominal treatments only)
- Severe diabetes, elderly infirm or young children
- Post invasive surgery (in the treatment area – wait at least 12 months and avoid any scar)
- Artificial implants, bone, etc.
- Persons with metal plates or joint implants (in the treatment area)
- Sites of prior cosmetic surgery (area specific only)
- Pregnancy & immediately following birth (6 months’ natural birth, 12 months C-Section)
- Intoxication or under the influence of drugs or alcohol
If you have any of the following health conditions, you will need a letter of consent from your GP or medical practitioner:
- Scarring history, fibrosis or seborrhoea
- Under 18
- Haemophiliacs or people with haemorrhagic disorders
- Certain immune disorders
- Persons who have donated or received organ transplants
- Mentally unstable
[/tab] [tab title=”FAQs”]
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens during a Cryolipolysis treatment?
After your consultation, measuring and photos, you will have a membrane (which looks like a big wet wipe) placed on the treatment area. Admittedly the membrane is momentarily very cold despite coming out of the foil packet at room temperature but after the initial few seconds, it warms and it doesn’t make your body feel cold. The hand piece has cooling plates that are set to -5°C and is placed on the treatment area and the suction is started to gain a seal on the area. Cushions are then placed around the hand piece to keep it in place, before the suction pressure is reduced for the remainder of the treatment. You can then enjoy the rest of the 45-60 minute treatment how you choose – reading a book or magazine, listening to music, enjoying a rare opportunity for some peace and quiet or just enjoying a good chat.
Can I lose weight with Cryolipolysis?
Cryolipolysis is not a method of weight loss. It is designed to reshape and sculpt the body and remove localised stubborn fat or cellulite. Cryolipolysis treatments work best when combined with low fat and low carbohydrate diet and regular exercise and these will help you to lose weight.
How soon can I see the results from Cryolipolysis (Fat Freezing)?
You may see results after 2-4 weeks but the full results will be seen after 8-12 weeks. We do request that you come back at week 6 for an interim follow up and then again at week 12 for a final measure and photo if appropriate. These follow ups are completely free of charge so there are no additional charges for this service.
How many treatments can I have?
Many people will find that only one Cryolipolysis treatment is required, however some areas of the body do respond better than others and these stubborn areas may require more than one treatment. Depending on your personal goals and budget, we may recommend teaming the Cryolipolysis with Ultrasound Cavitation and Radio Frequency. Everyone is individual so we can discuss the best personal treatment plan for you at your consultation.
Can I have more than one area treated if I pay?
Yes, two areas can be treated on in one session however, they must not be in adjoining areas and on opposite sides to ensure the lymph glands are not individually overwhelmed. However should you require more than two areas treating you will need to leave four weeks between treatments so as to prevent overloading your lymphatic system.
How often can I have further Cryolipolysis treatments?
You may have a further treatment in the same area after two months however, we recommend to wait three months to ensure you see the full results of the first treatment. You can have Cryolipolysis in different area(s) after two weeks.
Is the fat reduction permanent?
Yes, the fat cells are destroyed permanently.
How long is a treatment?
The treatment including consultation and measurement is normally 45 minutes to one hour for one treatment area. Should you wish to have two area, providing they are not in adjoining areas and are on opposite sides, we can do both areas on the same visit. However the second area will be treated following the first area so this will increase your treatment time.
How long should I wait after childbirth to have Cryolipolysis?
You must wait a minimum of 3 months after normal birth of your baby or a minimum of 12 months after a C section. It is best to get GP approval post childbirth prior to commencing with treatment.
Do I have to rest after Cryolipolysis treatment?
No, the great thing about the Cryolipolysis service is that you can go about your day as normal. We do advise you to increase your water intake by 2 litres to help with the fat removal.
What would happen if I had Cryolipolysis during my period?
You would feel very uncomfortable so it is not advised.
Is Cryolipolysis safe if a woman has a fitted contraception coil?
Yes this is not a contraindication.
Is there an age limit?
Yes, it is company policy to not provide Cryolipolysis to anyone under the age of 18.
Can I combine Cryolipolysis with the ‘Non-Surgical Facelift’?
Yes absolutely you can as this is a different treatment to Cryolipolysis. The micro lift and photon therapy stimulates cell renewal and collagen production, tones the muscles of the face to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, improves and lifts sagging skin.
What can I do at home to help with treatments?
Please refer to the ‘Aftercare’ tab.
Will people know that I’ve had help to get my new figure?
Of course we want everyone to shout about the amazing results because it is the best advertising for us but it is completely up to you if you tell people that you have had Cryolipolysis with us. As the treatment is non-invasive there are no scars so you won’t have to take time off work to recover either. We are fully committed to ensure your privacy is maintained at all times.
I have seen your before and after pictures on Facebook. Will you be putting my pictures on there?
We find that it is important to take photos so you can see for yourself the difference in order to fully appreciate the difference in appearance. Skin texture and appearance is as important to clients as the actual inch loss. Our photographs do not include your face, so you can never be identified. However we will only ever share your photographs on our social media or in our clinic if we have obtained your consent to do so.[/tab] [/tabgroup]